End user warranty
Limited end user warranty
1. Subject to the provisions as set out in these limited end user warranties (the “Warranties”), IPOS Technology B.V. (“IPOS”) warrants to the end user (“you” ) the IPOS Rein Sensor and accessories (“Device”) shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase (“Warranty Period”).
Exclusions and limitations of warranty
2. These Warranties apply only to the original purchaser of the Device that resides in the Netherlands and who purchased the Device in the European Economic Area (EEA) directly from IPOS or an authorized reseller. Furthermore, the Device must be manufactured by or for IPOS, which can be identified by an authorized “IPOS” trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to the Device. The receipt of the original purchase is your proof of purchase.
3. These Warranties do not apply to a Device (or any part thereof) that has been altered, serviced, modified or refurbished by anyone who is not authorized by IPOS, nor does it apply to any cosmetic damage such as scratches and dents. In addition, these Warranties do not apply to damage or defects caused by:
(a) accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, fire, flood or other external causes;
(b) normal wear and tear or aging of the Device such as discoloration; or
(c) use with non-IPOS products;
(d) operating the Product:
(i) outside the permitted or intended uses described by IPOS,
(ii) not in accordance with instructions provided by IPOS, or
(iii) with improper voltage or power supply.
4. No reseller, distributor, agent or employee of IPOS is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to these Warranties.
How to obtain warranty service
1. If you purchased the Device via a reseller, warranty service can only be claimed via the reseller of your Device. Check your reseller for the specific requirements that apply to obtain warranty service. If you purchased the Device directly from IPOS, you can only obtain warranty service after you obtained a return authorization from IPOS. To request a return authorization, please follow the instructions as set out on the IPOS website.
2. Please note that during the performance of the warranty service the contents of Device may be deleted and reformatted. Therefore, IPOS recommend you to make backup copies of the information contained on the Device. IPOS is not responsible for any loss of data or other information contained on the Device.
If a defect arises within the applicable Warranty Period that requires the warranty services of IPOS, IPOS will, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, either (1) repair the Device at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts; or (2) replace the Device with a new or refurbished Device; or (3) exchange the Device for a (partial) refund of your purchase price. These remedies are your sole and exclusive remedies in the event of a defect. Any shipping and handling charges are for the account of IPOS. Any replacement Device will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period.
Limitation of damages
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, IPOS shall not be liable for, and therefore will not be held to compensate, any incidental, indirect, special, or consequential damages, including, without limitation, loss of profits, revenue or data, resulting from any breach of express or implied warranty or condition, even if IPOS has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
1. These Warranties are exclusively governed by Dutch law.
2. These Warranties does not affect your statutory rights under applicable law in force or your rights against the reseller arising from their sales/purchase agreement.
3. If any term contained in these Warranties is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.